Robotic toys are becoming increasingly popular among children and adults alike. From programmable robots to remote-controlled toys, these automated gadgets bring a unique level of interactivity and engagement that all ages can enjoy. Whether you're looking for an educational tool or a fun toy, there's something for everyone.
These toys usually fall into two categories: those you take out of the box and play with straight away, and those you build and then play.
Robotic Toys You Build
Robotic toys are an excellent way for kids to learn about and explore the world of robotics and STEM. Your children can use their creativity to create robotic creations with those you build yourself. It is an educational experience, but they will also have fun learning the basics of robotics.
Robotics building kits have everything your child needs: motors, sensors, wheels, and all the necessary hardware. Using these parts and the instructions that come with them, your kids can build their robots. They'll get hands-on experience in learning about solar energy, programming, developing a basic understanding of electronics, and troubleshooting problems as they go along.
As they progress through each step of the robot-building process, they'll gain confidence in their engineering skills while having lots of fun! Some examples of robotic toys you can build include the following:
- Solar Rovers - Include attaching a motor, solar panels and stickers.
- Educational Solar Robot - Perfect for those over ten, you can transform this best-seller into 14 different robot models.
- Tobbie the Robot - Tobbie takes your robot building to a new level by using infrared sensors and sound.
Robotics to Play with Straight From the Box
Robotics has come a long way since its inception, and it is now possible to buy ready-to-go robots straight from the box. These robots are for entertainment and education, requiring little setup so anyone can experiment with robotics technology.
From programmable robotic balls to droids, these toys are an excellent way for kids and parents to learn about robotics and electronics. For those looking to take their first steps in robotics and interactive experiences, these are must-adds to your collection:
- Follow Me Droids - Ideal for ages 5 and up, these droids follow you with a simple hand gesture. They are available in a range of fun colours.
- Digibirds II - For your littlest engineers, these sing and move when you whistle and talk. Ideal for ages 3 and over.
- Salt Water Spider Kit - This kit takes science to a new level by teaching kids about clean energy using water and salt.
Make Education Fun at Home with STEM & Robotics
STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and robotics are great ways to teach problem-solving, coding, and critical thinking, all essential skills for the modern world. Through hands-on activities like building robots or programming them to complete tasks, your kids are learning while having a lot of fun.
Find a project you and your kids can do together by browsing online or visiting our Toybox Tales store in person.